I Have Been Nominated

Every year there is something called The Edublog Awards. Click here to look at the website. There are heaps of different categories for different things. This year the categories are

I have been shortlisted in the category ‘Best Student Blog’. Click here to vote. All you need to do is click on the arrow and then pick a category. Choose who you want to vote for and then press vote.

Every person who was shortlisted received a badge depending what category he/she was in.

Here is my badge:

I got this idea off the 4KM and 4KJ Blog!

Who did you vote for?

Did you win an badge?

14 thoughts on “I Have Been Nominated

1. Dear Skye,

that’s a great thing! :) How do you know if you’re short listed?

I don’t know if I have a badge, I’m not very familar with the awards.

Your friend,
    Bronte :mrgreen: :evil:

2. Well done Skye, you should be very proud that you have been nominated in the best student blog category. I will vote for you providing you hand over some of those fizzy lollies I spotted in your bedroom this morning :)

3. Dear Skye,

Congratuations on being shortlisted as a finalist in the Best Student Blog category!

This recognition is very well deserved, as you put so much time and effort into your all of your blog posts.

I know I enjoy reading everything you publish, and I’m sure lots of other readers do too!

Good luck! :)

Your (proud) teacher,
    Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss Jordan,

Thanks for the brilliant comment. I really appreciate it. :)

I am very surprised that I got through to the shortlist because I only got one vote!? My mum and dad have contacted a lot of their work friends to vote for me. I will definitely vote for the 4KM and 4KJ Blog a number of times. I think our class blog has a chance of winning.

Thanks for the compliments. You and Mrs Morris write spectacular posts for the 4KM and 4KJ Blog. Always with detail, always with pictures. Also videos and things like that.

Do the people that get nominated put the badge from their category on their sidebar?

Skye

• Dear Skye,

I think the Edublogs administrators decided that there were so many great student blogs nominated, so even if they only got one nomination, they are still shortlisted.

That is fabulous that your parents are helping you gain votes by contacting other people!

It would be great for the 4KM and 4KJ blog to score well in the voting. We have some tough competition though so everyone needs to keep voting! It’s great just to be shortlisted.

I think it is common for bloggers to put the badge on the sidebar after the Edublogs have finished. That way, people will always see the badge when they visit your blog!

Your teacher,
        Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss Jordan,

What a quick reply!

I am proud that I got nominated. I think BB will win ‘Best Student Blog’. She has heaps of visitors and does quality posts. I guess everyone has a chance though.

Yes, it is great! I got a big surprise when Mum told me.

Yes, the 4KM and 4KJ Blog do have a tough competition but with all these people voting anything could happen.

Skye

4. Dear Skye,

What a great post!

Congratuations on getting shortlisted for the Edublog Awards!

You deserve to be shortlisted because you always have posts up and they are allways high quality.

Good luck,
    Sophie

• Dear Sophie,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a great blogger!

Thanks for congratulating me. You should’ve been nominated since you do high quality posts.

What do you like the best about blogging?

Skye

• Dear Skye,

Thanks for the great reply!

Thanks for the nice comments you said.

I like that you can post about anything you want and you might even get to meet new people.

From your friend,
        Sophie