header image

Halloween!

Posted by: | November 1, 2012 | 6 Comments |

On Wednesday the 31st  of October it was…….

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

Halloween is an American celebration but some Australians celebrate it . I wouldn’t say I celebrate Halloween but I do enjoy Trick or Treating even though I have only done it once. I do it for the lollies and chocolate but I guess that’s why all the kids do it.

Last year I went Trick or Treating in my neighbourhood with my best friend Millie. We got heaps of lollies and chocolate. I am sad I didn’t get to go this year as I had to play netball and it was quite windy and looked like it was going to rain but it didn’t. We got a few knocks at the door from kids who were Trick or Treating and gave them Milky Ways.

Image: ‘Halloween 2006′
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27412365@N00/284208587
Found on flickrcc.net

Click here to look at a website full of Halloween jokes!

I forgot, I got this idea from Georgia’s Gorgeous Blog. Click here to look at her blog.

Do you celebrate Halloween?

Have you ever been Trick or Treating?

What treats did you get?

under: Uncategorized

1. By: Mrs Kathleen Morris on November 1, 2012 at 10:26 am      Reply

Dear Skye,

It seems that lots of students in 4KM and 4KJ were interested in Halloween this year! What do you think about our project with Mr Avery’s class? I’m just working on the post about it now for our class blog.

I went trick or treating once when I was a teenager but people weren’t too happy to have us knock on their doors!

I learnt from Ross Mannell in a comment that Halloween is not actually an American tradition http://4kmand4kj.global2.vic.edu.au/2012/10/31/halloween-questions-for-our-friends/comment-page-1/#comment-4064

Ross Mannell is full of knowledge!

Great post, Skye. I also love they way you included some links in your post.

Best wishes,
    Mrs M☀rris

• By: Skye on November 1, 2012 at 9:39 pm      Reply

Dear Mrs Morris,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a quality comment! I really appreciate it.

I think the project that we are doing with Mr Avery’s class is great. It gives you a chance to be really creative. I enjoyed describing my monster. I was with Ehberneese. We called our monster Fairy Floss Alien.

I can’t wait to read the post. When do you think you are going to post it?

Oh, that’s weird that people weren’t happy about you knocking on their doors. I guess some people wouldn’t be to happy though.

I didn’t know that Halloween wasn’t an American tradition and according to Ross Mannell’s comment it is an Celtic tradition.

Thanks for the compliment,
      Skye

• By: Mrs Kathleen Morris on November 2, 2012 at 1:56 am      Reply

Dear Skye,

Thanks for writing back to me.

I have been working really hard on the post and I was hoping to publish it today but I am having internet issues. Hopefully it will be on some time today!

Your Fairy Floss Alien was excellent!

See you soon,
        Mrs Morris

• By: Skye on November 2, 2012 at 4:06 am      Reply

Dear Mrs Morris,

Thanks for replying to me!

I just saw the post and some of the pictures looked the same and some didn’t. Our partner did a great job but she just didn’t do all of the colours right.

Did you get any knocks on your door?

Skye

• By: Mrs Kathleen Morris on November 2, 2012 at 9:01 pm      

Hi Skye,

Actually no, I didn’t get any knocks on the door. I was a bit surprised as I think we usually get a few.

Enjoy your (long) weekend!
            Mrs Morris

• By: Skye on November 2, 2012 at 9:18 pm      

Dear Mrs Morris,

Thanks for the reply!

We didn’t get a lot I think we got about 3 knocks.

I just saw Mr Avery’s post about the Monster Global Project. I didn’t get to see all of the monsters because the Internet is being weird.

See you on Tuesday,
            Skye

Leave a response

Your response:

Categories