header image

Tongue Twisters

Posted by: | October 19, 2012 | 6 Comments |

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

4KJ (my class) have been doing a type of poem called Tongue Twisters. Tongue Twisters is where you choose a letter in the alphabet and then make up a few sentences. Most of the words in your sentences have to start with the letter that you have chosen. ¬†Usually if you say your sentences fast you usually say them differently. That’s why they are called Tongue Twisters. Click here to find a bit more about them. For my Tongue Twister I was given the letter S.

Here is my Tongue Twister:

Sally’s sister Sophie was silly sometimes. Sally’s sunflowers are sunny from the sun so she called her sunflowers sunny. She went to the store to buy some more sunflowers seeds. Sally had to go to school on the school bus and struggled to get a seat but her super friend saved her a seat.

I hope you liked that. Tongue Twisters don’t really have to make¬†sense all of the time.

Can you make up a Tongue Twister?

Do you like the idea of writing Tongue Twisters?

under: Funny, School

1. By: Miss Kelly Jordan on October 19, 2012 at 7:22 am      Reply

Dear Skye,

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed our Tongue Twisters writing activity this week. Learning about different forms of poetry is fun and I always enjoy what creative ideas the 4KM and 4KJ students have.

Here is a tongue twister for you…

Gertie the gorgeous gorilla gave gallons of green grapes to glorious Gordon, before galloping to Gateway Sactuary to dance to Gangnam Style with a group of geese.

Your teacher,
    Miss Jordan

• By: Skye on October 19, 2012 at 9:03 am      Reply

Dear Miss Jordan,

Thanks for the wonderful comment! I appreciate it. :)

I really did enjoy writing the Tongue Twisters. I think it is a great type of poetry. I especially love one of the Tongue Twisters I saw. It starts off like this: Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.

Have you heard of that one?

I liked the Tongue Twister you did. A lot of people in the world are talking about Gangnam Style. I think I have figured out how to do the moves. My dad says I do it very good.

I thought Trent’s one was hilarious because it repeated the words but it didn’t make much sence.

Skye

2. By: Libby on October 24, 2012 at 9:26 pm      Reply

Dear Skye,

I still really like your blog and it will never change.

I can not think of a toung twister at the moment but I know a famous on: She sells sea shells by the sea shore. I have done a new post on my blog so if you have time can you visit my blog at: http://libbyslovelylife.global2.vic.edu.au/

Your blog is great.

From Libby

• By: Skye on October 25, 2012 at 4:02 am      Reply

Dear Libby,

Thanks for leaving a wonderful comment on my blog. Thanks for the compliments. I think your blog is great but I don’t always get time to leave comments. Sorry!

I just saw your new post but didn’t get time to read it, I will soon.

That Tongue Twister is very popular. This is also a popular one: Peter Piper pecked a peck of pickled peppers.

Have you heard of that one?

Skye ♦

3. By: Trent on October 29, 2012 at 3:03 am      Reply

Hi Skye,

Awesome post.

I loved all the tongue twisters.

Did you like mine?

From your pall Trent

• By: Skye on October 29, 2012 at 9:13 pm      Reply

Dear Trent,

Thanks for leaving a great comment on my blog. I appreciate it! :)

I liked the Tongue Twisters as well and I think it is a great type of Poetry.

I loved yours, it was a real Tongue Twister. It went on forever with the same words which made it sound funny. Could you type your Tongue Twister please, I want to hear it again?

Skye

Leave a response

Your response:

Categories