The Royal Melbourne Show

On Thursday the 27th of September my mum, gran, papa, brother and I went to the Royal Melbourne Show! The Melbourne Show is held at the Melbourne Show Grounds. Here is a link to find out a bit more about The Royal Melbourne Show: http://www.royalshow.com.au/

I was amazed by how many things there were to see, it was much bigger than the Geelong Show. Some of the rides I saw were so crazy. I only went on one crazy ride with my mum, brother and papa. It was a big roller-coaster that went slow and then fast when you went down. I couldn’t breathe when it was going fast. The ride was called the Taipan Roller Coaster.

Some of the things that you could do or see were:

-Go on rides

-Look at animals

-Get show bags

-Watch shows or performances in the Arena

-Get your face painted

-Buy toys

The rides that I went on were:

-The Bubble Ride, you go around in a bubble floating on water. It is really hard to get up once you fall down.

-The Bouncy Slide, it was like a jumping castle but it was just a big slide. I went down so fast that I burnt myself, not the fire burn.

-The Pirates Adventure, there were heaps of different obstacles inside. There were poles to swing around, a big bouncy slide to go down, a bridge that moved side to side and heaps of high ladders.

-The Taipan Roller Coaster, the  Taipan roller coaster was one of my favourite rides. It went so fast at some points. It went round and round in circles and then it slowed down and then it went fast again.

Here is a PhotoPeach: 

Comment on:

Have you been to the Melbourne Show before? What did you enjoy about it??

Have you been somewhere like the Melbourne Show before?

Did you like the PhotoPeach?

13 thoughts on “The Royal Melbourne Show

1. Dear Skye,

Wow you had a lot of fun at the Melbourne show. Did did you go on the rides that were shown? Yes I do like the Melbourne show. How many show bags did you get? I have been to the royal Melbourne Show in fact I went to the Royal Melbourne show this year

From your blogging buddy Libby

• Dear Libby,

Thanks for leaving a wonderful comment on my blog. You are a great blogger.

Yes, I really did enjoy the Melbourne Show. There was a lot to see.

The rides that I went on were the Bubble Ride, the Bouncy Slide, the Pirates Adventure and the Taipan Roller Coaster.

I got three show bags. A Zappo one, a Hubba Bubba one and a Caramel Koala one.

What rides did you go on this year?
      What show bags did you get this year?

Skye

• Dear Skye,

I love getting complements about my good blogging so thank you very much and thank you for saying. You are a fabulous blogger and I love your class blog.

Who did you go to the show with? I honestly don’t know what rides I went on but I went on a lot.

I again don’t know what show bags I got except for the Supre show bag.

Feel free to visit my blog and leave a comment on my blog if you have time.
        http://libbyslovelylife.global2.vic.edu.au/

From your blogging buddy Libby

• Dear Libby,

Thanks for the quality reply!

I went with my mum, gran, papa and brother.

Who did you go with when you went?
          What was in the Super Show Bag?

I am pretty sure I saw the Super Show Bag, I think it had a lot in it?

I will visit your blog and leave a comment when a new post is up.

Skye

• Dear Skye,

Thank you for the super comment.

I went to the show with my mum and my sister. In the Supre show bag I got:
            Waxing sheet
            Bag
            Earrings
            Clip
            And much more

I am working on a post at the moment so the post should be on my blog by the end of the week.

From your blogging buddy Libby

• Dear Nichole,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a marvellous comment! I just looked at your blog and it is magnificent and very colourful.

I liked a lot about the Melbourne Show. I enjoyed the rides, getting show bags and seeing the animals. I thought the dogs were so cute.

Are you going to the Royal Melbourne Show this year?

Skye

2. Dear Skye,

Great post! It sounds like you had a wonderful day at the Royal Melbourne Show. If I remember correctly, Thursday was a beautiful sunny day, is that right? Lucky you weren’t there on Friday or Saturday when it was cold, wet and windy!

I enjoyed reading the recount of your day at the Show. The PhotoPeach also shows everyone the fun you had.

I went to the Melbourne Show a few times when I was a kid, although I can’t remember too much about it. Mrs Morris and I went a few years ago. We’re not really into scary rides though. 🙂

I’ve also been to the Geelong Show a few times. Do you usually go to the Geelong Show?

I am impressed you went on the Taipan Rollercoaster! It looks pretty amazing!

Usually the busies place at the Show is…the showbag pavilion! Was it hectic when you were there?

Your teacher,
    Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss Jordan,

Thanks for leaving a quality comment on my blog! 🙂

Yes, my mum and I were so glad that we didn’t go on Friday or Saturday. It got pretty hot as the day went on. Wasn’t it a horrible day yesterday!

While we were at the Melbourne Show our families camera ran out of battery. Luckily I brought my camera so we could take photos on it.

I don’t really like scary rides either but I really wanted to try the Taipan Roller Coaster. You know how you can get photos of yourself after you go on a ride? Well, we bought our photo of us on the Taipan Roller coaster. You should have seen my mum and brothers face! 😆 I might bring it to school after the holidays to show you.

I went to the Geelong Show last year because my friend invited me but I don’t usually go.

I am just remembering the show bag place. It was filled up with people. I new what show bags I wanted but my brother took ages to choose. First he said he wanted Ben 10 so we all went around looking for it. When we got to it he said it wasn’t the right one. So we went looking for another Ben 10 one. Then he said he wanted Batman.

Sorry about the long paragraph.

Skye

3. Dear Skye,

sorry I haven’t been able to comment on your blog in a while. But I will comment on your next post, I’m watching you across the room right now at 3:14, I know what your next post is, but I’m not going to spoil it.

Anyway, I was going to the Melbourne show, but we decided not to because we’re saving up to go to the Equitana. It’s this GIANT horse festival in November.

Oh well, got to go!
    Your friend that’s watch you RIGHT now,
    Bronte :mrgreen: 👿

• Dear Bronte,

Thanks for the awesome comment on my blog! You are a great blogger. 🙂

It’s ok, you don’t have to comment on my blog all of the time. I just appreciate it whenever you leave a comment on my blog.

How did you find out about what my next post is going to be about?

I hope you enjoy going to Equitana in November. I am going to Thailand in November.

Skye

4. Dear Skye,

What a spectacular post! (Like always.)

Well I can only answer your question about “did you like the photo peach”
    and yes I really did like the photo peach!

I can not answer your other questions because I hav never been to the Royal Melourne Show and never been to a place like it before.

Unless….. the Festa counts??

Last year at the Festa I had to wear really big sunglasses because I had a bung eye.

A bung eye is when all this puff comes up to your eye and it closes over, but you can still see.

I got the bung eye because I was at Indi’s house for her sleepover (the day before) and I was patting the rabbit, but there must have been something on the rabbit that I was ellergic to and I touched my eye.

so that is how it all happened.

From your friend,
    Jess

• Dear Jess,

Thanks for leaving a quality comment on my blog. No wonder you have your own blog. 🙂

Thanks for the compliments. I am glad you liked the PhotoPeach.

I hope you get to go to the Melbourne Show one day.

Um, I* am not sure if the Festa counts. I guess it does have rides and shops and show bags and all of those kind of things.

Ouch, that must’ve hurt. Did it hurt?

Skye