Bike Ed Camp

On Monday  the 30th of  July, 4KM and 4KJ hopped on the bus to go to the Maldon Blue Light Youth Camp! I had to pack two bags because there were so many things I needed to bring.  Maldon is in Victoria.

When we arrived at camp we put our bags down and went to find out about the Maldon Camp. We also got to find out what cabins we were in. When I found out mine I was in Cabin 8. There were two girl cabins and two boy cabins. The teachers and parents who came along slept in different rooms.

At the Maldon Camp we went on heaps of walks and bike rides. We went on a night walk. It was very dark. On the bike rides we went to the BMX track and rode to the dredge. At the dredge there were trees, sticks and a lake. We did hut building there. We split up into groups and made a hut. My group made a tee pee hut which is a hut shaped like a triangle. After we finished I think we did a great job. We made a pretend camp fire.

We walked up a big mountain called Mount Tarrangower. It was very steep to go up. I think it was one of the longest walks I have done. It was a wonderful feeling when I was at the top. There was a big tower you could climb up. When you got to the top of the tower you could see many things.

The meals there were delicious. For breakfast we had pancakes and bacon and eggs. For lunch we had pasties and sausages.  For dinner we had spaghetti bolognaise and chicken strips and vegetables.

On the last night at camp we had a disco and then a movie. Mrs Morris was a really good DJ, she played heaps of good songs. The movie we watched was ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid’. It was a very good movie. I would rate it 5/5.

We also got to have free time. We could play mini golf, do obstacle courses, read or talk in our cabins, play table tennis, play soccer or play basketball.

The people who worked at the camp were nice and their names were Ric, Denise and Michael.

Here is a PhotoPeach with some photos of the Camp:

Comment on:

Have you ever been to this camp?

Would you like to go to this camp?

Tell me about one of the camps you have gone on!

Where would you like to go camping?

12 thoughts on “Bike Ed Camp

1. Dear Skye,

What a terrific recount of our Maldon camp! It was a terrific three days and I enjoyed every single activity we did.

I went on school camps when I was a student, but I’ve never been on a Bike Ed camp before. It was fun exploring Maldon on our bike rides and I think everyone improved their riding skills.

My favourite school camp as a student was to Warrnambool. We went there when I was in Grade Six and I had lots of fun.

I think one of the highlights for you was visiting the lolly shop! It must have been difficult to choose what to buy, there were so many choices!

What other places in Victoria would you recommend for a school camp?

I think we’ll have a lot of memories from our Maldon camp and I’m glad I got to share the experience with everyone in 4KM and 4KJ! 🙂

Your teacher,
    Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss Jordan,

Thanks for leaving a spectacular comment on my blog! 🙂

The camp was a great three days! I think camp was one of the greatest things I have ever done. It was so fun and there were so many activities to entertain us.

I think I improved at bike riding. I also think I learnt a couple of things about Maldon. There is a lot of History there.

One of my highlights was visiting the lolly shop. I think it would be a favourite for many people. There were heaps of varieties you just couldn’t choose.

I think a good camping spot in Victoria might be Daylesford. Every year my nanny’s side of the family goes to Daylesford to catch up.

My second camping spot that I think would be good is Halls Gap. I have been there and it is a great place to go to.

What do you think of these places?

Skye

• Dear Skye,

I’m glad you learnt some facts about Maldon during camp. It’s always good to know things about different towns. If you ever go to Maldon with your family, I’m sure you’ll visit that lolly shop again! 🙂

Daylesford is a lovely part of Victoria and it’s a popular place for people to visit. There are lots of nice walk and spas that you can go to.

As you know, I grew up right near Halls Gap and I actually had two school camps there! In Grade Four we went to a camp called Tandara and in Grade Five we went to Roses Gap.

We did lots of bushwalking on those camps, but I can’t really remember much else about them. What I do know is, the food at Maldon was better than the camps I went to as a student!

Your teacher,
        Miss Jordan

2. Dear Skye

Everything about your camp sounds like so much fun! All of the activities sounded so enjoyable – and the food sounded delicious! Did you all take home baking to camp? That is something we do; this year there was so much we let students help themselves almost whenever.

Because I’m in New Zealand I’ve never been to Maldon or the Blue Light Youth Camp before. Our school goes to a place called Lake Opouahi (aww-paw-ahh-he). We sleep in tents, cook our own food, and do activities such as caving, kayaking, and rock climbing.

When I was younger, I was involved in Girl Guides for years and went on many many camps. In winter we were indoors in dormitories which was loads of fun and in summer we’d be in tents. I have such great memories of all my camping experiences!

I know Maldon will be a camping memory you’ll never forget.

Miss McLeod

• Dear Miss McLeod,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a magnificent comment! I really appreciate it. How did you find my blog?

Camp was fun and very enjoyable! They provided meals there but on the first day we took our snack and lunch.

That sounds like an interesting camp! The camp that we went to was way different to the camp that you go to.

We have Girl Guides in Australia. I know a couple of people who do it and they have told me it is a lot of fun. It sounds like you enjoyed it when you did it.

Skye

3. Dear Skye,
    I loved Bike ed camp, but it was so exusting!
    I loved breakfast 🙂 My favourite was pancacks, yum! And I loved all the meals they served there.

My high lights were: The night walk.
    Mount Tarrangower.
    Staying in the cabins.
    The BMX trail.
    And about everything else 😆

Your friend,
    Bronte :mrgreen:

• Dear Bronte,

Thanks for leaving a great comment on my blog! I really appreciate it and well done on earning your own blog. You really deserved it so, welcome to the world of blogging.

Bike Ed camp was very fun and yes, it was exhausting. The meals were yummy. I liked the breakfasts but my favourite one was bacon and eggs.

I had heaps of highlights, I actually don’t have a favourite.

Skye

4. Dear Skye,
    I love the song that you used for the Photo peach! Owl city and Carly Ray Jepson are some of my favourites and they sound twice as better singing together 🙂

My favourite photo was with you in front of all those lollies! That made me think… Sandi said that it was very small (the lollie shop) and then there’s you surrounded by hundreds of lollies 😆

Your friend,
    Bronte :mrgreen: 😛

• Dear Bronte,

Thanks for leaving a super comment on my blog! Also, thanks for saying that you liked the song Good Time on my PhotoPeach. It is one of my favourite songs. It matched the pictures as well because it was a good time at camp.

I liked the photo of me standing in front of the lollies to. That lolly shop was one of the best lolly shop I have ever been to. There’s another one I ike. It is in Melbourne.

Skye

• Dear Libby,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a spectacular comment! How did you find my blog?

That’s weird that you went to the same camp as me. I really enjoyed it! Did you? Are you from Victoria?

Skye

5. Dear Skye,

I did like the school camp it wa sthe only school camp I had ever been on. Yes I am from Victoria.

From your blogging buddy Libby