The Snow

At 6:15 in the morning on Saturday 21st of July my dad, brother and I got up to get ready to go to the snow. We went to Lake Mountain. It took us about 4 hours to get there. We went with my cousin and uncle.

When we arrived we got dressed into our snow gear and went to have fun on our toboggans. A toboggan is a sled that you can ride on snow or ice. My dad and uncle pushed us fast down the hills. It was so much fun! My friend Sophie gave us a lend of their snow clothing and a snowboard. We had a go on the snowboard and I ended up going backwards, I almost banged into people!

I threw some snow at my dad and uncle. It wasn’t snowing there so they were making snow to put on the hills. To be honest, it wasn’t that cold. It probably wasn’t for me because I was wearing heaps of snow gear. Once you started running around you couldn’t feel it.

We arrived home at 7:00. It was a fun day!

Here is a PhotoPeach:

Comment on:

Have you been to the snow?

Do you want to go to the snow?

Did you like the PhotoPeach?

11 thoughts on “The Snow

1. Dear Skye,

It sounds like you had such a great day at the snow! I have driven past Lake Mountain although I have never been there.

When I was younger, I went to the snow and went tobogganing, like you.

Nate’s family is very interested in skiing and trips to the snow. In 2008, I joined his family for three days at Mt Hotham. Nate used to be a snowboarding instructor so he was teaching me how to snowboard. Unfortunately, I fell about 20 minutes into my lesson and spent the rest of my stay in the lodge. I haven’t been back. 😆

Would you like to try snowboarding again or skiing?

Best wishes,
    Mrs M☀rris

• Dear Mrs Morris,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a terrific comment! 🙂

I did have a great time at Lake Mountain. If you went I bet you would have fun their! It is a great place to spend time with your family.

I’m laughing right now, that is funny that you fell over 20 minutes into your snowboarding lesson. I would be the same but probably fall over in about 10 minutes.

I would like to have a go at both skiing and snowboarding. It would be good to try our skiing even if I fall over.

Did you like the PhotoPeach? Have you ever been to any other mountains?

Skye

• Dear Skye,

I’m glad I made you laugh. It’s pretty funny to think about! Although it wasn’t very funny at the time as I sprained my ankle very badly and couldn’t really walk!

The PhotoPeach was so good! You did a wonderful job.

A few summers ago I went to Mt Buller. It is a popular place to ski and snowboard in the winter but in the summer time there is no snow and you can do bushwalking. Nate and I did lots of walks and had a nice time staying at his uncle’s apartment.

We will be going to a mountain at Maldon. Do you know the name of it?

Best wishes,
        Mrs M☀rris

• Dear Mrs Morris,

Thanks for replying to me!

It wouldn’t have been funny at the time. It must have hurt. 🙁

Thanks for saying my PhotoPeach was good. If I look at that in a few years (I hope I will still be blogging) I will probably have smile on my face.

I have heard of Mt Buller. I would like to go there and explore.

I don’t know what the name of the mountain near Maldon is called! My dad probably knows because he has been there. But he is at work so he can’t tell me. I will ask him when he gets home.

Skye

2. Dear Skye

Your holiday sounds fantastic! I have been to the snow before and it was so much fun! I love creating snowmen in the snow – it’s just amazing. Have you ever created a snowman before?
    When we arrived at the snow I jumped out of the car and ran over and fell in the snow. It was absolutely freezing!
    Unfortunately I have not been tobogganing but I reckon it would be a fantastic experience!
    Did you fall off your toboggan at any stage?

Regards
    Cody, Room 24

• Dear Cody,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a super comment! How did you find my blog?

My trip to the snow was great! It was filled with fun.

I didn’t get to create a snowman as there wasn’t much snow there. I would’ve liked to though. They were making snow.

It would’ve been freezing when you fell. Did you have your snow clothes on or just normal clothes?

I fell off my toboggan a couple of times. My toboggan (snowboard) was going really fast down the hill so when I got to the bottom I needed to stop myself or else I would bang into rocks. I tried to but I ended up falling off. 🙂

From your blogging buddy,
      Skye

3. Dear Skye,

I loved the post about the snow and I hope you had fun.I have not been to the snow before and I love the Photo peach of the snow. Did you made a snowman? Do you play snow ball fight? Making a snowman is fun. Did you ate the snow?

Elaine
    🙂

• Dear Elaine,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! It was great! How did you find my blog?

You should definitely go to the snow one day as it is great fun, especially going down the hills on toboggans.

I didn’t make a snowman because the snow was basically just ice but there was heaps of it. We didn’t have a snowball fight. No, I didn’t eat the snow but a bit of it did go in my mouth by accident a couple of times. 🙂

Skye

• Dear Skye,

What a wonderful comment you have made and it was no worries going on you blog because on my class blog said Skye’s super blog so I clicked on it then it bring me here.

Did you went far on the toboggans?

Elaine 🙂

• Dear Elaine,

Thanks for the marvellous reply! What class are you in?

My dad and uncle gave me a big push so I went down the hill on my toboggan very fast.

Skye 🙂