Tagxedo

At school, 4KJ (my class) has been making Tagxedos.  A tagxedo is basically just a word cloud. You can write anything in there and then decorate it. In the decoration part you get to choose the theme (colour), font and shape.

As you can see I chose my shape as Australia. I chose the colour pink of all shades because it really stands out. For my writing I did a clear font.

I did my Tagxedo about my life. I wrote my friends, what I like to eat, what I look like, the things I do at home, the people in my family, the things I like to do at school and what sports I like.

Here is my Tagxedo:

If you want to have a go here is the website: http://www.tagxedo.com/

I will tell you how to make one.

• You go to load
  • Write the words you want in the box where it says ‘Enter Text’. You need to use commas after you write every word. Also, if you are doing a two words and you want it to go together you put this ~ in the middle. For example: brown~hair
  • When you are finished writing press submit
  • Choose your theme (colour)
  • Choose your font
  • Choose your shape
  • If you want to save the Tagxedo you press on save share print, advanced and then press the button that says (1) save tagxedo.jpg

Comment on:

Have you heard of Tagxedo?

Do you like Tagxedo?

If you made one what did it look like?

4 thoughts on “Tagxedo

1. Dear Skye,

I love the Tagxedo word cloud you made, well done! I enjoyed teaching 4KJ how to use Tagxedo a couple of weeks ago, it’s such a fun and easy web 2.0 tool.

I’ve never done this before, but here’s a fun idea I just thought of. You could make a Tagxedo word cloud about someone and make it into a birthday card! For example, say it was Millie’s birthday, instead of buying her a card you could make a Tagxedo of words to do with Millie, print it and paste it onto a card!

Your teacher,
    Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss Jordan,

Wow, what an outstanding comment. Thanks for leaving one on my blog.

Thanks for all of the compliments. I made the word cloud at school and then put it on this blog post. It is a great web tool for blogs.

That’s a wonderful idea. I wonder who I will do it for? One of my friends does have a birthday coming up. I am invited to her party. I won’t tell you who though just in case she looks at this blog post. We could make one for Mrs Morris’ birthday. Not that her birthday is close. Isn’t it in November?

What do you have planned for your holidays?

From your student,
      Skye 🙂 😀 😉 😎

2. Dear Skye,

Thanks so much for a great post about Tagxedo, complete with directions for use! Well done, Skye! I will bookmark this and show it to my students when we come back to school in the fall. (September)

I love Miss Jordan’s idea about personalizing a Tagxedo as a birthday card! I just might use that idea sometime!

What are you doing with your holiday break time? I recently spent some time with a teacher from Victoria. Her name was Mrs. Morris. Do you know her? Ha Ha! 🙂 We had so much fun together!

Your friend,
    Mrs. Y♥llis
    California

• Dear Mrs Yollis,

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It was marvellous! 🙂 Also, thanks for all of the compliments.

Yes, I thought Miss Jordan’s idea was great. I might do one for my friend because it’s her birthday. I know a bit about her.

I am really busy these holidays. I have got a birthday party to go to on Thursday. It is an ice skating birthday party and then we can choose if we want to sleep over. Then I have got another sleepover at my house the night after. I will be blogging over the holidays because I absolutely love blogging. I am doing heaps more things on the holidays.

I hope you have been having fun with Mrs Morris but I already know that from all of the posts.

What else do you have planned for your holidays?

Enjoy your new students in September!

Your blogging buddy from down under,

Skye ♥