My Goals for this Year

I am setting two goals for this year but it will probably be happening quicker. I like setting……

My first goal will be to get 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000 visitors on my clustr map. I like getting visitors from all around the world. If you look on my clustr map you will see I have had 852 visitors. Most of my visitors are from Australia because I live in  Australia. I will be doing a post when I get up to 1,000 visitors and I also will if I get up to 2,000 or 3,000.

My second goal will be to learn how to type properly and fast. I used to type really slow with one finger typing the letters and the other one pressing shift if I needed to. I am starting to type properly but I am working on doing it faster. My teacher Miss Jordan is very fast at typing. She has been blogging for many years and is super fast at it.

I hope I can be a fast typer like Miss Jordan one day. Also, Mrs Morris (a teacher who teaches with Miss Jordan) is very fast at typing aswell.

Comment on:

Do you have any goals set for this year?

Do you think it is a good idea to have goals? Why?

8 thoughts on “My Goals for this Year

1. Dear Skye,

This post brought a smile to my face because I love to see my students setting goals for themselves.

I believe you will reach both of your goals this year. It will be an exciting moment when you get 1000 visitors to your blog. Reaching milestones like that is a great achievement!

We had a conversation about typing at school a few days ago, and it is terrific that you have thought about it and have decided to set it as a learning goal. The typing practice we do at school each Thursday is a great opportunity to improve your skills and I know you do lots of typing when you leave blog comments too.

I learnt to touch type (typing without looking at the keys) at high school when I did a subject called Keyboarding. It is a skill I am very pleased I learnt, as I do a lot of work on my laptop!

A few years ago Mrs Morris and I set a goal for ourselves – to run the 14km City to Surf fun run in Sydney. We reached that goal and it was a great feeling to cross the finish line!

This year, my goal at school is to learn more about the Bike Ed program. I also want to keep learning new things about education and try new things with 4KM and 4KJ.

Do you have any goals for your ballet this year, Skye?

Your teacher,
    Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss Jordan,

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I appreciate it!

I hope I achieve my goals. I didn’t know 1000 was a milestone. Is 2000 and 3000 milestones?

Yeah, I remember our conversation. I think that made me want to make it a goal. Thanks Miss Jordan! The typing practice on Thursday will help me get faster at typing.

I would love if Keyboarding was at High School. My mum said that it probably wouldn’t. She said that she had it at her school but it was called typing not keyboarding.

That’s good that you set a goal with Mrs Morris. Your goals that you have set sounds good.

At ballet I hope to pass my grade 3 exam. I am very excited but it is not til August. I have got most dances in my head but I still need to remember the names. They are all French words so they are hard to say.

Your student,

Skye
      P.S You are a fabulous teacher!

2. Dear Skye,

I think it’s great to set goals so that we can challenge ourselves to learn and achieve more in life!!

Your goals are certainly achievable, you are very committed to your blog and I’m sure it won’t be long to reach 1000 then 2000 visitors.

I think your next goal is to win the Netball GRAND FINAL next Saturday…how exciting!!! Another one for you is to pass your Grade 3 Ballet Exam in August.

I set a goal earlier in the year to get our Veggie Patch up and going and I’ve done that already, so that’s pleasing. I also have some other small goals, I’ll have to wait and see if can achieve them!!

Mum (Cassie) xxoo

• Dear Mum,

Thanks for the fabulous comment on my blog. I appreciate it.

I agree, it is great to set goals and you get a fantastic feeling if you achieve them. It has happened to me before. Has it ever happened to you?

Yes, you are right! My next goals should be to win the netball grand final and to pass my ballet exam. It is very exciting!

Yes! You really wanted a veggie patch and you made it. Well Done!

Your daughter,

Skye
      P.S You are a fantastic Mum!

3. Dear Skye,

I think you’ll definitely be able to reach your goals! If you keep doing an amazing job writing posts like you are now, I think you’ll definitely reach that!

As for typing, the more you practice, the better you become. Having your own blog is a great way to practice. I bet you’ll be typing really fast in no time at all!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Avery

• Dear Mr Avery,

Thanks for your fabulous comment on my blog. I appreciate it. 😀

Thanks for saying I could reach my goals very quickly. Yeah, I think I can reach my goals too. I think I probably will because I type a lot and I will just be lucky to get 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000 visitors.

I agree, having my own blog is a great way to practise. Do you have any goals set for this year?

Your blogging buddy from down under,

Skye

P.S. You are a great blogger and a fabulous maths rapper.

4. Dear Skye,

What a great post! Goals is a very good thing to make you focussed on the world that’s ahead of you.

Getting, 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000 visitors on your blog will be a big acheivement. I think you’ll acheive 1,000 visitors really quickly. Probably these holidays even!

Typing faster and correctly will help you when you are typing comments, posts etc.

I think I have a few goals set for this year.

♥ Reaching 1,000 vistors on my blog
    ♥ Winning the Grand Final for netball

Yes, I think it is good to have goals. Why? Oh, I’ll tell you why, it helps you stay focussed and you can also have fun.

Millie 🙂

• Dear Millie,

Thanks for the quality comment on my blog! I enjoyed reading it.

I agree, goals make you focussed on the world that’s ahead of you.

Yes, it will be a big achievement for me to get 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000 visitors on my blog. I think I am going to get 1,000 visitors very soon.

Your goals sound interesting. I hope we win the grand final. It will be a big achievement. When we go into the Leopold team we will be coached better. I can’t wait!

Have you learnt anything new about netball?

Skye ♥